Brake Professional is a not-for-profit membership service for fleet operators and suppliers, founded by Brake, the road safety charity in 1996.
Through Brake Professional we share training, tools, and guidance on global fleet safety best practice with our members, as well as networking and development opportunities. We provide our members with tools to manage occupational road risk regardless of budget, fleet size, or vehicle type.
Brake Professional membership is open to any organisation, anywhere in the world, that employs at-work drivers. Our current membership includes representatives from private sector, public sector, and third sector fleets around the globe, operating a range of vehicle fleets. We also work with fleet suppliers including insurers, fleet risk management and driver training providers, and technology companies, through Brake Professional.
Brake Professional members receive:
- tools for road safety managers: research and guidance reports on key topics to advise you on effectively managing your occupational road risk.
- tools for at-work drivers: interactive learning tools, driver advice pdfs, posters, leaflets, and other campaign materials that can be used to educate your drivers on simple safety messages.
- best practice company case studies: case studies of organisations' policies and procedures relating to drivers, vehicles, and journey planning; and the results achieved.
- free and discounted rates at Brake Professional events: we run events from the UK and New Zealand, including webinars and seminars, and our Fleet Safety Conference and Fleet Safety Awards.
- free training on engaging drivers with road safety: available as an online session or full day training course to provide you with training and tools to engage drivers with road safety. Find out more.
- a certificate of Brake membership: members based in the UK also receive a welcome pack which includes a sample selection of our tools for managers and at-work drivers.
Already a member? Log in here
*Free membership offer does not include people working for global companies funded from high income nations.