Brake is heavily dependent on the support of corporate partners; organisations that share our passion for making roads safer and recognise the vital importance of supporting bereaved and injured crash victims.
Benefits available to corporate partners
Brake offers a range of benefits to corporate partners, to help them gain value from their support. The key benefits of corporate partnership are:
- Promotion of your partnership – we promote our partners on our website, as well as showcasing their road safety activities through our social media channels, newsletters, and bulletins;
- Support with PR and communications – we can provide supportive quotes, information, and copy, as well as advising on road safety messaging;
- Use of Brake branding – we give our partners access to Brake branding, so they can publicise their support of Brake and commitment to road safety;
- Brake's advice and expertise – we share our extensive experience in engaging communities and professionals with road safety, to support our partners' road safety activities;
- Best practice sharing – we give our partners ten free memberships to Brake Professional, Brake's membership scheme for employers and road safety professionals;
- Road Safety Week support – we help our partners to promote their commitment to road safety and engage staff, customers and communities in road safety activities during Road Safety Week.
Why our corporate partners are invaluable
Brake exists thanks to the generosity of organisations, individuals and community fundraisers. The support we receive from our corporate partners enables us to carry out wide-ranging work to improve road safety and support crash victims, including:
- Coordinating national Road Safety Week in the UK and New Zealand;
- Running educational events for schools and nurseries, helping them teach children about road safety and raising wider awareness about the importance of child safety;
- Running Brake's helpline, providing emotional support, practical information, and advocacy services to anyone bereaved or affected by a road crash;
- Producing and distributing support literature to families affected by road crashes. Our literature for bereaved families is handed out by police following every death on the road in the UK;
- Running training for volunteers and professionals on spreading road safety education within companies and communities;
- Helping employers run safer fleets. We run low-cost seminars and produce guidance reports on a range of topics to help reduce crashes involving at work drivers;
- Campaigning for safer roads and raising awareness about the importance of safe driving.