Wednesday 28 February 2018, online, 2pm-3.30pm GMT
Speed is a factor in many crashes and results in large numbers of deaths and injuries every year. Preventing speeding should be a primary concern for all organisations operating fleets.
This essential webinar informed attendees about the relationship between speed and road safety, including stopping distances, and explored different methods for combating speeding among at-work drivers.
Key topics covered included:
- The science of speed, including stopping distances, and why it is important to manage speed through technology such as Intelligent Speed Adaptation (ISA), Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and speed limiters.
- ISA for fleets explained - what it is and why it’s important.
- How other organisations have successfully implemented in-vehicle technology to tackle speeding.
- Richard Cuerden, director, TRL
- David Ward, secretary general, Global NCAP
- Jane Lupson, senior bus safety development manager, Transport for London
- David Lawrence, OEM marketing manager, Telogis
This webinar was possible thanks to funding kindly provided by Telogis.