Wednesday 11 July 2018, online, 2pm-3.30pm GMT
The vehicle fleet is changing at an unprecedented rate. A digital revolution is transforming transport with billions of dollars being invested globally in a race to develop connected and autonomous vehicle technology.
Attendees at this webinar were left with a good understanding of connected and autonomous vehicle technology. The webinar saw leading academics and practitioners discuss the latest technology being developed and tested across the world and explored what fleet managers should be doing now to prepare effectively for what lies ahead.
Key topics covered include:
- An overview of connected and autonomous vehicles;
- An update on the latest technology being tested including platooning and driverless vehicles;
- Areas for fleet managers to consider now to prepare for the new technology including training and vehicle maintenance.
- Tom Voege, policy analyst at International Transport Forum
- David Ward, senior technical manager at HORIBA MIRA
- Jonathan Flower, PhD researcher at Centre for Transport and Society, University of the West of England
- Iwan Parry, principal consultant at TRL
A recording of the webinar is now available on our YouTube channel here.